Monday, June 23, 2014

Blue Cheese Guacamole

Awhile back, I bought blue cheese on whim. I like blue cheese a lot, and I felt like I was always seeing recipes with blue cheese on Pinterest. So, I figured I would have no problem using it up. Of course, I forgot about for awhile and didn't remember it until I was trying to decide on an appetizer to bring to a friend's house. I had a bunch of avocados at the time too, and settled on blue cheese guacamole!

I was a little skeptical, but it turned out pretty damn awesome and was a huge hit with everyone else. Will definitely make again!



Ingredients:

3 small avocados, sliced
juice of 1 lime
1/4 cup blue cheese, crumbled
1 jalapeno pepper, finely diced
1 roma tomato, diced
1/4 cup red onion, diced
1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
1/2 teaspoon cumin
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:

1. Combine all ingredients and mash with fork to desired consistency.


This recipe was based on "Blue Cheese Guacamole" from Closet Cooking (http://www.closetcooking.com/2011/08/blue-cheese-guacamole.html).

No comments:

Post a Comment