Thursday, June 19, 2014

Cinnamon Sugar Donut Mini Muffins

Donuts and donut holes are some of my favorite sweets, but I don't really want to deal with the whole frying process at home. These were great because they were baked, which made them quite easy to make. On top of that, they were absolutely delicious. 



Ingredients:

Muffins:
1/2 cup white sugar
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup all-purpose flour

Cinnamon Sugar Coating:
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease 24 mini-muffin cups.
2. Mix 1/2 cup sugar, 1/4 cup melted butter, and nutmeg in a large bowl. 
3. Add milk, stir to combine, and then mix in flour and baking powder until just combined. Do not over-mix.
4. Fill the mini muffin cups about half full.
5. Bake approximately 15-20 minutes, until the tops are lightly golden.
6. Melt 1/4 cup of melted butter in a bowl. 
7. In a separate bowl, mix 1/2 cup of sugar with 1 teaspoon of cinnamon. 
8. When muffins are done baking, dip each muffin in the melted butter, and roll in the cinnamon sugar. 
9. Allow to cool before serving.

This recipe was based on "Donut Muffins" from Allrecipes (http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Donut-Muffins/Detail.aspx?evt19=1). I thought this original recipe called for a bit too much nutmeg, so I changed it above to reflect what I think is a more reasonable amount.

1 comment:

  1. Easily the best muffin I've ever had! I couldn't stop popping those little in my mouth!

    ReplyDelete