Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Slow Cooker Creamy, Cheesy Chicken and Broccoli Over Rice

I'm always looking for good slow cooker recipes because there's really nothing better than coming home and having a mostly prepared meal waiting for me. When I first saw this recipe (and a few other similar versions), it didn't look amazing, but it looked really easy. So, I pinned it and forgot about it for a long time. Finally made it recently, though, and it was so much more awesome than expected! I was seriously impressed by how good this was. I made my own cheddar soup, since I don't keep canned around the house and it sounded a lot better from scratch. Will definitely make again!




Ingredients:

2 lbs boneless chicken breasts
10 oz can cream of chicken soup
10 oz can cream of mushroom soup
2 1/2 cups water
2 cubes chicken bouillon
1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
14 oz can cheddar soup (or try homemade!)
1 cup sour cream
16 oz bag frozen broccoli florets
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Directions:

1. Spray crockpot with olive oil or other cooking spray.
2. Pour cream of chicken soup, cream of mushroom soup, water, chicken bouillon, Cajun seasoning, garlic powder, and onion powder into your slow cooker. 
3. Stir together until smooth (you may want to use a whisk). Once smooth, place the chicken in the slow cooker.
4. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours (I started with frozen chicken breasts and cooked mine for 8 hours). 
5. When the chicken is done cooking, shred with two forks. Then, add the broccoli, cheddar soup, sour cream, and cheese. Cook for about 30 more minutes until the broccoli is cooked through.
6. Serve with white rice.

This recipe was adapted from The Recipe Critic (http://therecipecritic.com/2014/01/slow-cooker-creamy-chicken-broccoli-rice/). I made quite a few changes from the original recipe, but the overall concept is pretty similar. 

No comments:

Post a Comment