Friday, July 25, 2014

Yumm Bowls

To follow up my copycat of Yumm sauce, here is the basic idea behind Yumm bowls. I love the original Yumm bowl, which is described below. The main difference between the one I make and the original at Cafe Yumm is the rice. Cafe Yumm uses brown rice, but I use white rice. This is mostly just because we keep white rice in the pantry but not brown rice. I don't think it makes that much of a difference in the overall taste. These bowls are delicious and cost a fraction of what they would cost from the restaurant!

As I've said, I like to eat vegetarian when I can. However, I have many friends who cannot conceive of a meal that does not include meat. To make Yumm bowls more appealing to those people, we add some type of cooked chicken to the top. Highly recommend trying Cajun chicken!



Ingredients:

2 cups cooked brown or white rice
1 can black beans, warm
1-2 tomatoes, diced
1-2 avocados, sliced
1/2 cup sliced black olives
1/2-1 cup Shredded cheddar cheese
Yumm Sauce (make your own!)
Salsa
Sour cream
Fresh cilantro
Cooked chicken (optional)

Directions: 

1. In a soup bowl, add 1-2 scoops of cooked rice.
2. On top of rice, add a layer of black beans, and pour desired amount of Yumm Sauce over the top.
3. Add desired amount of tomato and black olives and sprinkle cheese over the top.
4. Top the bowl with sliced avocado, salsa, sour cream, and fresh cilantro.

No comments:

Post a Comment